Protein interaction networks, stress, apoptosis and aging
In this project we analyze the changes of protein-protein interaction networks in stress, in apoptosis, during aging and in disease. We extend our studies to other types of networks trying to identify common topological transitions in networks during crisis and recovery. We study the disassembly and reassembly of network modular structure during and after stress, where creative network elements, such as molecular chaperones play a key brokerage role in the latter process.
Link to ComPPI, a subcellular organelle and sub-organelle specific protein-protein interaction database.
- Veres, D.V., Gyurko, M.D., Thaler, B., Szalay, K., Fazekas, D., Korcsmaros, T. and Csermely, P. (2015) ComPPI: a cellular compartment-specific database for protein-protein interaction network analysis. Nucleic Acids Res. 43, D485-D493. doi: 10.1093/nar/gku1007. IF: 8,8; http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.2494; Download it!
- Csermely, P., Hódsági, J., Korcsmáros, T., Módos, D., Perez-Lopez, A.R., Szalay, K., Veres, D.V., Lenti, K., Wu, L.Y. and Zhang, X.S. (2015) Cancer stem cells display extremely large evolvability: alternating plastic and rigid networks as a potential mechanism. Network models, novel therapeutic target strategies and the contributions of hypoxia, inflammation and cellular senescence. Seminars in Cancer Biology, 30, 42-51. IF: 9.1 .http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.6356
- Gyurkó, D., Sőti, C., Stetak, A. and Csermely, P. (2014) System level mechanisms of adaptation, learning, memory formation and evolvability: the role of chaperone and other networks. Curr. Prot. Pept. Sci. 15, 171-188, IF: 3.8 http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.0094
- Bozoky, B., Savchenko, A., Csermely, P., Korcsmaros, T., Dul, Z., Ponten, F., Szekely, L. and Klein, G. (2013) Novel signatures of cancer associated fibroblasts. Intl. J. Cancer 133, 286-294, IF: 5.4 Download it!
- Mihalik, Á. and Csermely, P. (2011) Heat shock partially dissociates the overlapping modules of the yeast protein-protein interaction network. PLoS Comput. Biol. 7, e1002187, IF: 5.5 Download it!
- Farkas, I.J., Korcsmáros, T., Kovács, I.A., Mihalik, Á., Palotai, R., Simkó, G.I., Szalay, K.Z., Szalay-Bekő, M., Vellai, T., Wang, S. and Csermely, P. (2011) Network-based tools in the identification of novel drug-targets. Science Signaling 4, pt3. Download the paper!
Download the slideshow!
- Simkó, G. I., Gyurkó, D., Veres, D. V., Nánási, T. and Csermely, P. (2009) Network strategies to understand the aging process and help age-related drug design. Visit it at arXiv.org!
Download Genome Medicine 1, 90!
- Antal, M.A., Böde, C. and Csermely, P. (2009) Perturbation waves in proteins and protein networks: Applications of percolation and game theories in signaling and drug design. Curr. Prot. Pept. Sci. 10, 161-172, IF: 3.3.
- Kiss H.J.M., Mihalik, Á., Nánási, T. Ory, B., Spiró, Z., Soti, C. és Csermely, P. (2009) Ageing as a price of cooperation and complexity: Self-organization of complex systems causes the ageing of constituent networks. Bio Essays 31, 651-664 . Visit it at arXiv.org! Available from Nature Precedings
- Csermely, P. (2008) Creative elements: network-based predictions of active centres in proteins, cellular and social networks. Trends Biochem. Sci. 33, 569-576, Download it! Visit it at arXiv.org!
- Palotai, R. Szalay, M.S. and Csermely, P. (2008) Chaperones as integrators of cellular networks: changes of cellular integrity in stress and diseases. IUBMB Life 60, 10-18, arxiv.org/0710.1622, IF: 2.3 Download it!
Visit it at arXiv.org!
- Csermely, P. (2001) Chaperone-overload as a possible contributor to “civilization diseases”: atherosclerosis, cancer, diabetes. Trends in Genetics, 17, 701-704
- Nardai, G., Csermely, P. and Sőti, Cs. (2002) Chaperone function and chaperone overload in the aged, Exp. Gerontol, 37, 1255-1260
- Sreedhar, A.S., Mihály, K., Pató, B., Schnaider, T., Steták, A., Kis-Petik, K., Fidy, J., Simonics, T., Maráz, A. and Csermely, P. (2003) Hsp90 inhibition accelerates cell lysis: anti-Hsp90 ribozyme reveals a complex mechanism of Hsp90 inhibitors involving both superoxide- and Hsp90-dependent events. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 35231-35240
- Sőti, Cs., Pál, Cs., Papp, B. and Csermely, P. (2005) Chaperones as regulatory elements of cellular networks. Curr. Op. Cell Biol. 17, 210-215
- Nardai, G., Végh, E., Prohászka, Z. and Csermely, P. (2006) Chaperone-related immune dysfunctions: An emergent property of distorted chaperone-networks. Trends Immunol. 27, 74-79
- Csermely, P. and Sőti, C. (2006) Cellular networks and the aging process. Arch. Physiol. Biochem. 112, 60-64
- Csermely, P., Blatch, G. and Sőti, C. (2007) Chaperones as parts of cellular networks. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 594, 55-63
- Rutherford, S. L., Knapp, J. R. and Csermely, P. (2007) Hsp90 and developmental networks. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 594, 190-197
- Csermely, P. and Sőti, C. (2007) Aging cellular networks: chaperones as major participants. Exp. Gerontol. 42, 113-119,
Visit it at arXiv.org!
- Korcsmáros, T., Kovács, I. A., Szalay, M. S. and Csermely, P (2006) Molecular chaperones: The modular evolution of cellular networks. Journal of Bioscience 32 (3): 441-446. IF: 1,5 Download it!
- Szalay, M., Kovács, I.A., Korcsmáros, T., Böde. C. and Csermely, P. (2007) Stress-induced rearrangements of cellular networks: consequences for protection and drug design. FEBS Lett. 581 (19): 3675-80. IF: 3,5
Visit it at arXiv.org! IF: 3.5